Sign up ... it's free. Join Now
Last updated May 25, 2018
If you're a marketer like most of our site visitors, you're probably already familiar with GDPR, but to recap for the rest of you: the General Data Privacy Regulation protects the privacy and personal data of European Union residents. Although MarketingProfs is a United States-based company, and our EU user group is proportionally small, we figure it's good practice to roll out any policy changes to all subscribers, not just those in far-off lands—especially when it comes to transparency surrounding our business practices.
Plus, if history (and recent gaffes by a certain social media company that shall remain unnamed) teaches us anything, similar regulations are likely to roll out in other countries before you know it.tl;dr
- We're serious about privacy and security. We won’t sell, rent, or use your information to a third-party without your express permission.
- To subscribe, we'll need your work email. On some forms we may also ask for things like your job title or company details, or questions from content sponsors.
- Mostly we use your data to send you editorial and promotional emails, to serve you more relevant content, and to market to you (we are marketers, after all).
- You're welcome to opt out of our emails by managing your subscriptions in the My Account section of the website or by selecting "unsubscribe" at the bottom of any email.
- We keep your data secure using modern encryption technologies and by restricting staff who can access it.
- You don't have to consent to letting us use your data. Just know that you won’t be able to access much of our content.
- You can submit a user access request at any time for a copy of the data we have on file for you, or to delete your account completely.
- Be sure to read up on our revised Terms & Conditions and new Cookies Policy.
Our Commitment to Privacy and Security
MarketingProfs respects your privacy and we take your data security seriously.
- As a Data Controller, we pledge to hold all information you provide to us in absolute privacy.
- We will NEVER sell or rent your name or personal information to any third party without your express permission.
- We NEVER sell or rent our email subscriber list.
- Only authorized employees may access your information.
What Information We Collect
- Job title or role
- Phone number
- Business type
- Company size
- Annual revenue
- Marketing automation platform of choice
Some of our content is sponsored. To access this incentive content you may need to provide extra information on the registration or download form. These questions change on a case-by-case basis.
How and Why We Collect Your Information
The Ways We Use It
You'll need to provide a minimal amount of information to sign up for MarketingProfs. We need this information to create your account and allow you to sign in to the site. We also use your data to segment, personalize, and send you email. We do this to help us deliver content we think you'll be interested in most. Depending on your email preferences, you may receive our twice-weekly newsletter, announcements about our products, and third-party promotional messages we send on behalf of our sponsors.
You can opt out of any of these mailing programs at any time by updating your email preferences in the My Account section or by using the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any email.
Similarly, we use your data to target you with relevant next steps, recommended related content, and promotions when you visit our website. If you've signed up for a sponsored content program like a webinar, report download, or virtual conference, we'll provide the information entered on the form to the content sponsor(s). If you register for an on-site event, we'll also use your data for our badge, on-site registration, and scanning system (Validar), and to invite you to use our mobile app (CrowdCompass). One more thing: We may also use aggregated data from our users in general for research purposes. In these cases, we don't use your information in ways that can identify you specifically or allow you to be contacted, unless you explicitly request to be—like entering to win a prize for submitting a survey.
Protection of Children's Personal Information
We never knowingly collect personal information from children. No information should be submitted to MarketingProfs.com by visitors under 18 years of age without the consent of their parent or guardian.
Securing Your Data
At MarketingProfs we use up-to-date data security measures to ensure your information is safe. Passwords and credit card data are encrypted and cannot be accessed directly by our staff. When we share your information with sponsors or vendors you've authorized, we do so using password-encrypted files and secure file storage. Plus, we only allow employees who have a legitimate reason to use your data to access it. And all employees who do have access to your data are required to adhere to our strict privacy and security policies.
Your Rights: No Consent
You can visit many pages on our website without giving us any information about yourself—providing your data is optional. But sometimes we need information to provide services that you request, so if you don't provide consent you'll have limited access to much of our content. Sadly, providing free content to all marketers everywhere is just not a solid business model.
Your Rights: User Access Requests and Deleting Your Data
We recommend using the My Account section of the website to verify, update, and correct the details we have in your profile, manage your billing preferences, and adjust your email subscriptions. Under the GDPR, you may submit a user access request to us asking for a detailed report of the personal information we have for you on file, and we will send it to you within 30 days. Want us to delete your information entirely? While we'll be sad to see you go, you can contact us and we'll purge your account from our records... just know that you won't be able to access your free or paid content if you do so.